Friends of Hugh Myddelton PTA
Get ready for Hugh Myddelton's Winter Fair 2018! We will have a great line up of games, arts & crafts, food & Santa's Grotto at this year's Winter Fair, but to make it a success, we need your help! Proceeds go towards the outdoor learning project for the children. Parents can help with:
- Tombola donations of new and unwanted gifts - drop off at front office
- Food, cake or cookie donations for sale - drop off donations Dec 17th by 2pm
- Volunteer to help man a stall or with clean up on the day - sign-up sheets at front office
- We are hunting for Santa - Santa, please email Hughmyddeltonpta@gmail.com.
- Recruiting Year 6 elves to help at Santa's Grotto - email or sign-up at front office.
Parent Coffee Morning Tuesday, Dec 4th @ 9:05am. Meet outside school pond gate.
Next PTA Meeting: Winter Fair Tuesday, Dec 11th @ 9:05am
Meet outside school pond gate.
The Friends of Hugh Myddelton Parent Teacher Association supports the school on events & fundraising. All Hugh Myddelton staff, parents, and carers are members & invited to be involved.
- Parents Coffee Morning on Tuesday, December 4th at 9:05 am. We have a fantastic speaker coming, Molly, the Chair for Islington South ECAPs (Early Childhood Area Partnerships). Meet outside school pond gate
- Next PTA Round Table meeting on Tuesday, December 11th at 9:05 am. Meet outside school pond gate. Winter Fair Planning!
Living Willow Dome Completed! Thank you Parent Volunteers!!!
A huge thank you to the parent volunteers who came out to help build the living willow dome! Thanks Isata, Isla, Francisco, Lina, Sammi & Sutin! Also thanks to the kids who came out to help! Can't wait until the willow dome grows in the spring.
Bake Sale Success!
Thanks to everyone for helping to make our Autumn Bake sale a success! There were some amazing cupcakes, gorgeous cakes, and delicious onion bhajis!
School Farm Area Set-up Complete!
Thanks to our hard working parent volunteers for working in the rain on Thursday morning and setting up the farm area for the animals to move in! The chickens and rabbits have now landed!
(In photo from left to right: Jenny, Ms. Roberts, Raj, Isata, & Sutin)
Also thanks to Farringdon Locksmith & Tool Supplies in Exmouth Market for some tool donations!
Get Connected to Other Parents at Hugh Myddelton! Join us on Class List now.
We are now using ClassList to help parents in each class connect with each other. You can do everything from ask each other questions about homework or organise class outings and more. The possibilities are endless! ClassList is similar to Facebook or Class Dojo but only for parents at Hugh Myddelton. Get on ClassList now at www.classlist.com
STAY INFORMED via WhatsApp!
If you would like to be informed of PTA activities, join our HM PTA What'sApp Group by emailing us at HughMyddeltonPTA@gmail.com with your phone number, and child's name and class.
Raise funds for Hugh Myddelton every time you shop online!
An easy way for parents to help fundraise is to sign up and shop with your favorite retailers through EasyFundraising.org.uk or use their app to raise funds for Hugh Myddelton.
It's free to use and the retailers will donate a small percentage of the proceeds to the school.
Click here to use Easyfundraising to switch your car & home insurance, purchase a new tv package, take a new mobile contract or switch your gas supplier and you can raise over £100 for Hugh Myddelton Primary School!
Calling for Class Reps! Get Involved Now!
We are recruiting Parent Representatives who will provide a vital link between parents, staff and the PTA committee. These PTA Reps will keep other parents informed of PTA events and discussions and help organize and coordinate PTA events and fundraising activities as well as help manage the Class List for your class. Please contact Mrs. Sutin Yang (class list or dojo) or email us at HughMyddeltonPTA@gmail.com or speak to one of the PTA officers if you would like to become a Class Rep.
As a voluntary association, the Friends of Hugh Myddelton can only achieve as much as the commitment of its membership allows. We invite all parents, carers and staff to consider getting involved and helping in whatever way they can to help us support Hugh Myddelton and further enrich the lives of our children.
All funds raised by the PTA from events such as bake sales, book sales, ice lolly sales, Winter fair and Let's Celebrate go back into the school and enhancing our children's education.
Recent Use of Funds
- Paving & soil for outdoor learning farm
- Partial Sponsorship of KS2 Farm at School Day
- Forest School Equipment
- KS1 Playground Equipment
- KS2 Playground Equipment
- Library Furniture & Shelving
- After School Movie Licenses
About the Friends of Hugh Myddelton
The objective of the Friends of Hugh Myddelton is to:
- Develop effective relationships & communication between the parents, the staff and others associated with the school.
- Organize events and other initiatives to bring together the Hugh Myddelton Community
- Raise funds to support the school and enhance the education of our children.
The Friends of Hugh Myddelton PTA Committee includes a Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer, and is elected by members annually. The Committee is responsible for decisions relating to the Association and fund allocation to school projects.
The Friends' of Hugh Myddelton's Constitution, which was approved upon formation, is available here.
Contacting the Friends of Hugh Myddelton Committee
If you would like to get more involved with the Friends of Hugh Myddelton or contact the PTA Committee for any reason, please either send us a Dojo, email us directly at HughMyddeltonPTA@gmail.com or speak to one of the Committee members.